News of the Writing World

Hmmm I haven't posted in a while. To tell you the truth, I don't have that many ideas of what to post. So if you have any questions for me post them in a comment and I'll answer as best I can. And if I can't answer, I have a lot of wonderful writing friends that I'm sure could. :)

Saw 17 Again. Such a cute movie! So funny and there was a lesson in there somewhere I'm sure. And if you'd allow me to have a teen girl moment, Zac Efron is hot. Admit it. Sure there are hotter guys out there *coughcough* Ben Barnes *cough* but you have to admit he's up there. I'm so getting it when it comes out on DVD. And NOT because he's hot either!

Today I had my last day of driving. Yay me. That means I can get my permit very soon and start driving with my mother. Oh joy. Driving on the expressway is fun though. 70 mph in a straight line, YEAH!

Um...there was something else... oh yeah, Harry Potter 6 is now being advertised on TV. I am so going to watch it at midnight. I am determined to do so even if my mom has to take the day off work to take me. I. Am. Going. :D She wants to see it too, just not as much as I do.

Okay that had nothing to do with the writing world. So why is the title "News of the Writing World"? Because that's what I'm going to talk about right. Let's see...

Fictional Faction, my very brutal (I'm kidding! I love you guys), I mean helpful, critique group is running a "Hook Us in One Line" contest here so check that out. The winner gets their first three chapters critiqued by a volunteer of their choice! Deadline for that is May 24th which is a week from today. I'm either going to enter or volunteer myself as a judge. Not sure which yet.

The BookEnds blog has an interesting post on prioritizing new vs. established clients here.

Nathan Bransford has a post on hoops vs. hints regarding query letters here.

Rachelle Gardner has a post regarding questions to ask an agent during "the call" that many writers dream of receiving here.

Regarding characters Writer Unboxed has a post here.

The odds of getting an agent by Rachelle Gardner here.

Oh, I love this one. Interview with S. E. Hinton author of The Outsiders. Did you know Ms. Hinton wrote The Outsiders when she was only 16 and it was here debut novel? I thought that was so cool. You can read about that here.

Also this week, the semi-finalists of the Querytracker Blog's one line pitch contest were announced! I didn't make the cut, but one of my amazing writer friends did! See the top 50 pitches here.

I know a lot of bloggers (well I know a couple of my top agent bloggers) do this where they post industry news from the week. I'm thinking about doing something similar so if you have an event you want posted, or if you don't want me to do it I suppose, let me know.

Comments

Andrea said…
Woo, FF advert!!
Thanks for mentioning the forum and me :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

Hamilton