Week in Short

So I'm bringing back my Friday posts and changing them to 'Week in Short.'

Must read of the week: Nathan Bransford's database of his posts on writing, revising, publishing, and many other helpful things here.

Monday:

  • High point of the day occured in the evening when we had a big thunderstorm complete with tornado warning and the threat of 60 mph winds and quarter-sized hail which never actually fell. Didn't even rain.
  • Improved chapter four drastically. I wasn't satisfied with one of the scenes, but it is much improved from its previous suckish state.
  • Only one post that I wanted to share from Monday. Follow the link to the wonderful world of GraphJam.
Tuesday:
  • Mom forced me to sort through a small tote full of old papers. I uncovered two of my old stories. One I'm saving to share on Monday and the other one I'm either going to burn its so horrible, share it with the world when I'm published someday, or keep it for laughs.
  • Lots of wonderful posts on Tuesday.
  • Janet Reid's post on querying too soon. I could have checked off all those things when I queried Andra and yet it was still too soon.
  • The BookEnds blog has a very useful, updated dictionary of publishing terms.
  • Janet Reid also has a post about Columbine, a book that I plan to read someday soon. If you haven't heard of it, check out the link.
  • Rachelle Gardner has a post on query services and shortcuts.
  • Nathan Bransford has a checklist for all of you currently revising novels (me included).
  • And last, but certainly not least, the Queryshark had a triple hitter today with this (genre not found), women's fiction, and YA literary fiction. There's some good tips in there, as always.
Wednesday
  • Was forced to drive. Tried to force the car onto the wrong side of the road despite the rather adamant tugs on the wheel by my mother. Almost crashed into a truck. Note to self: correct lane is on the right side of the road, not the left. After that though, it went quite well.
  • Had a very productive day writing wise. Apparently that adrenaline is a very good thing for writing. I finished rewriting three chapters and finished one of my beta projects.
  • Wonderful interview with literary agent, Beth Fleisher.
  • Things editors bought recently here. Number 13 shares some similarities with, ahem, Jump.
  • And one of my fellow twifties recently interviewed author, Susane Colasanti here!
Thursday:
  • Rained the entire day. After waking up to it raining, it's quite wearing when it's still raining when you go to sleep that night. At least it gave me an excuse to sit inside and do nothing.
  • Russet Noon made the news again. I'm not even going there again.
  • Janet Reid's updated her post on what will get you an instant rejection on your query.
Friday:
  • Went on a three mile hike today and am now exhausted. I have like 50 pictures on my camera from the hike. Maybe I'll share a few when I get around to uploading them.
  • I might be participating in all-night writer-a-thon tonight with a bunch of twiftie/AW pals so hopefully I'll have something to report on Wednesday. I'm also expecting my chapter three critique back from my beta tonight so I have that to look forward to.
  • Check out the comments of this post for a list of the best books on writing and publishing.
  • Awesome post on revisions from a blog I don't normally read, but will from now on.
Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you on Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy

What's Up Wednesday: August 20