Suggest a Title Contest

As suggested last night, I've decided to hold a contest to choose Andra's new title. Here's how it works. If you have an idea for a title, email it to me at rkhorserider(at)gmail(dot)com. All submissions will be read and considered and multiple submissions are accepted. If you have an idea for an awesome title after you've already sent me one, send me the second one anyway, but try to keep all ideas to one email.

Okay, I wrote this summary by booklight at midnight last night when I was trying to go to sleep so if it doesn't make sense, don't blame me.

Andra Summary:
When Claudia's best friend is arrested soon after revealing that she can talk to plants, Claudia knows that she can't just continue living her "normal" life as if everything's fine. So she sets off after Selma and the journey ends abruptly when Claudia herself is captured. She wakes up in a prison where kids with special abilities like Selma's are tortured for information.

Then Claudia, with Selma and her new friend Erik's help, uncovers a plot by the overseer of the prison, Nikolaus, Erik's brother and heir to the throne, to burn it down with everyone inside. Escape seems impossible to the three teens, but Claudia has a secret that could save them all and maybe free the world from oppression in the process. She just doesn't know it yet...

Prizes:
The winner will receive either a first three pages critique by me or the first chapter of Andra.

The contest opens now and will end Monday at 10 a.m. I'll announce the winner before part four of my beta readers series.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to reading everyone's entries.

Comments

madeline said…
Okay, I have a couple of suggestions for you. Although, I'm not the best at titles.

Playing Hero
Secret Origins
Woman of Mystery
Chain Gang
Save the Freaks
Born to Be
The Calling
Destiny

Well, not the best. But it may help you out!
Anonymous said…
Thats really good suggestions Madeline-Rose!
I only have 2

Revelations
Exposure

Good luck finding one!

x
Amna (geekpride)
luvs2write44 said…
I've only got two:

The Dirty Little Secret
Plant Life

they're pretty bad. :/ Good luck, HR.

-luvs
Anonymous said…
Powerful
Powers That Be (A play on both the teens' powers and the rebellion going on against the gov't.)
Lea McKee said…
I don't really know much about the novel but I would say:

Whispers in the Wind
My Definition of Normal
Secret Captive
Society of Secrets

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy