RTW -- Scary Books and Movies

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
 
This week's topic: 
Halloween! What's your favorite scary book or movie?
 
I'm not a big one for scary movies. I can count on one hand the number of scary movies that I've seen in my lifetime. Until a few years ago my answer to the question "What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?" was "Taken." 

That being said, my favorite scary book is Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann. I hid under my blankets and read it in a single afternoon. I also wasn't a big fan of sleeping that night. Coming from a small town myself, this one really hit close to home. I'm kind of glad I waited until after I graduated high school to read it...

Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind.

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico.

Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried....

Comments

Samantha said…
I hear you with scary movies! I'm such a wimp I try and avoid them at all cost. Yet my mister doesn't let go "Let's go see Paranormal Activity Four" and "Let's go see Silent Hill". The answer is always no!

Cryer's Cross sounds like a good read - for a scary novel!
Jaime Morrow said…
This one is sitting on my shelf unread right now and I probably should have worked it in before Halloween (the creepy month). If I hadn't been slogging through BEAUTIFUL CREATURES for days on end, I might have been able to do that. Ah well. Thanks for the reminder about this one! :)
Anonymous said…
Cryer's Cross sounds good! Must add that to my TBR pile. :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

NaNo Week One Update