RTW: First Quarter Check-In

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week: 
Quarterly check-ins! We're already 1/4 of the way through the year--where are you on your reading and writing goals?

Where did the time go?? 

Reading
Goal: 100 books 
Where I should be: About 16
Where I am: 5 

Clearly it is not going very well. In my defense, I did finish up A Clash of Kings in January and read A Storm of Swords in February. I'm hoping to do some catch up reading over spring break and then really get trucking when summer rolls around. I'm probably getting A Feast for Crows this week, though, so we'll see how long that lasts. 

Writing
I didn't set any writing goals for this year, other than just to keep writing. My writing kind of dropped off last semester so I'd really just like to focus on getting back into a groove. I have started working on my WIP again, which I'm really excited about. I'm also doing a lot of flash fiction pieces based on biweekly prompts in my Creative Writing class and those are a lot of fun. 

Comments

Elodie said…
Biweekly prompts sound like a great exercise! And yay for going back to your WiP! :D
Maybe you should give yourself a set number of pages read that counts as "one book", like teachers do sometimes when they have reading lists with super-long and super-short books. (My husband slogged through David Copperfield in 7th grade, because it counted as two books!) I found that by the end of last year I was purposely picking up shorter books to get them in for my reading goal--maybe average the page numbers of the books you read last year (I think Goodreads can help with that, if you use it), and make that your benchmark?
beck nicholas said…
Great to not be too hard on yourself for how much writing but more getting into it. Seems like a good plan.
Maybe you need to take into account if they're realy long books... that's like 2 or 3 short ones...
=)
Valia Lind said…
I love coming back to writing after I left it for a while. Hope it'll go well for you! :-)

http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2013/03/road-trip-wednesday-check-in.html

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

NaNo Week One Update